Here my 10 Top-Rated Beaches on Crete, a list of 10 beautiful beaches which i can visit during my journey. What do you need to know when deciding to travel to Crete? or Check here my itinerary. What you need to know is that is a very easy go-to beach on Crete, there is always a shower and a bar in order to eat something or just escape from the sun, here is my list.
10 Top-Rated Beaches on Crete
- Preveli palm beach
- Elafonissi beach
- Balos beach
- Voulisma beach
- Vai Beach
- Spilies Beach
- Katholiko Beach
- Kedrodasos Beach
- Calypso Beach
- White Lake beach
|Beach||Type||Parking||Shower||Food & Drinks||Umbrella sun|
|Preveli palm beach||Sand||Yes, 2€||Yes||Yes||No|
|Elafonissi beach||Sand||Yes, free||Yes||Yes||Yes, 10€|
|Balos beach||Sand||Yes, free, small||No||Yes||Yes, 10€|
|Voulisma beach||Sand||Yes, free||Yes||Yes||Yes, 10€|
|Vai Beach||Sand||Yes, free||Yes||Yes||No|
|Spilies Beach||Rock||Yes, free||Yes, 0,50€||Yes||Yes, 10€/20€|
|Katholiko Beach||Rock||Yes, free||No||No||No|
|Kedrodasos Beach||Sand||Yes, free||Yes||Yes||Yes, 10€|
|Calypso Beach||Rock||Yes, pay at the hotel||Yes||No||Yes, 10€|
|White Lake beach||Rock/sand||Yes, free||No||No||No|
- Elafonissi beach: one of the most touristic, very huge one, the only con the shower is at the beginning of the beach and is very windy. No restaurant just a bar, and sports activities in the area.
- Balos beach: very windy beach, you need to go early in the morning to find parking, 40 min by walk from the car minimum.
- Spilies Beach: very nice, little and comfortable, the water is spectacular and very close to the car parking.
- Katholiko Beach: very close to Chania but you need to walk and is a rock beach.
- Kedrodasos Beach: one of the best, but one of the far, 1h50 from Chania.
- White Lake beach: one of the little ones, no service here.
- Vai Beach: very far from the other ones, 2h from Agios.
- Voulisma beach: easy to park, easy to eat (there are several restaurants), great blue water, but not so much space so go early.
- Preveli palm beach: just my favorite, is really beautiful and the palm around the river are amazing. “Just” 45min by walk from the car.
- Calypso Beach: I enjoyed this “beach” there is no sand here, just umbrellas and a hotel if you want to stay.