This year I had a chance to stay 3weeks living in the Netherlands and now I have the perfect itinerary for you guys who want to visit the country, this is my Netherlands 10 days itinerary.
Tips for this itinerary:
- You don’t need to rent a car, however, I suggest to you the Volendam Marken and tulips areas
- Travel by train inside the country is pretty cheap
- Book train tickets online, which are the cheapest
- Tulips are only available from the end of March to May
- You can stay at the same accommodation during your journey, try to stay close to a train station
NETHERLANDS 10 DAYS ITINERARY
- Day 1-4 the capital: Amsterdam
- Day 5 the south: Utrecht
- Day 6 the modern one: Rotterdam
- Day 7 the green side: Zaanse Schans
- Day 8 the wood city: Zaandam
- Day 9-10: Volendam and Marken
DAY 1 – 4 AMSTERDAM
Amsterdam is one of the most visited capital in Europe, very famous for the canals, cannabis bar, and museum, what a strange combination, right? However, i really enjoy this city all over the year, of course, Christmas is one of my favorite ones. Your journey depends on how many museums or attractions you want to visit, there are so many things to do…
DAY 5 UTRECHT
DAY 6 ROTTERDAM
DAY 7 ZAANSE SCHANS
DAY 8 ZAANDAM
The first McDonald’s restaurant in Europe opened in 1971 in Zaandam. Zaandam and the region around the river Zaan, known as the Zaanstreek, have a history closely linked to industry. Don’t forget one of the famous hotels in Europe the Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam. Let me show you why we are stopping here…
DAY 9- 10 VOLENDAM AND MARKEN
Our next stop is Edam, a town renowned for its famous round cheeses. Edam is also one of the most important port towns in the north of Holland. Leaving this area behind, we will head for Volendam, where you will have approximately one and a half hours of free time. On the way, we will pass through the polders, the name of the land that has been reclaimed from the sea, and for which the official name of Holland is “The Netherlands”.
Volendam is one of the most beautiful fishing villages in the area due to its colorful houses, narrow streets and beautiful harbor, which we will discover!
After a stroll through the streets, we will drive to Marken, a beautiful peninsula in the waters of the IJsselmeer lake. Once there, we will take a guided tour of approximately one hour through its picturesque streets and squares, where you will be amazed by its unusual architecture!